While photographing a Church production from the balcony with a K1000, my wife who was at the far other side in another balcony said that my K1000 was very distinctly audible even way across the sanctuary. I never heard the DigiRebel which she was using. Nobody seemed to complain, but the DigiRebel is much quieter. I also have a ZX-M which is ok until it rewinds then it gets really loud, and a Minolta 600si which is kind of quiet and at least offers a quiet rewind option, but I'm wondering about finding an older plastic Pentax film body with manual rewind for cheap just for this kind of situation. Even those Cosina body things you find in Wolf Camera seem quieter than the loud klick-buzz-clack of the K1000 at 1/15th second...

Do I really want one of the models with a mirror with shock absorbers?

How loud is the mirror slap in an Ist-D or DS?

Brian Dunn http://www.bdphotographic.com