Hi all

An interesting couple of pieces of random generated stuff.

Pentax sold 44% of all the SLRs sold in Australia last year. They also sold
48% of the P&S cameras sold here.

Where things get interesting is that I got told that within three years
Pentax expect to be selling many more digital cameras than film based ones,
and they won't be HP/ Pentax hybrids. I find it strange that they haven't
released the digital MZ-S, or a Pentax digital P&S developed by themselves
yet, and this sort of stuff is out there, but there you go.

I got shown a  print from a Hasleblad whatever with the digital back on
Saturday. The print was about a metre x a metre, printed on a <insert
memory blank here>. At $70,000 AUD for the setup you'd expect it to be
decent. It was as good as any I've seen from a film based camera. I gather
the CCD in the Hasleblad digital back is 36mm x 36mm (from memory).

I think it is getting close to the time to think of selling my MZ-3 and Z-1p..

Cheers

Jon

Relax! Take life as it comes, you can't chase the sun, you can't race the wind