John Forbes mused:

> I think it's pretty disgraceful that the film made a Pole the villain.

Oh, the actual _plot_ of the movie was pretty terrible.
But it was nice to watch a movie which depended heavily
on technical details for atmosphere, and which got most
of them right. (The credit for that lies mainly with the
executive producer, Mick Jagger, from what I have heard).

Compare that to watching movies with computers (for some
of us), or cameras (for most of us).  How often do you
see some bogus dialog box up on the screen, or hear the
noise of a motor drive from a camera with no such option?

A movie that told the true story of Bletchley Park would
include a lot of credit to the Poles, and quite a bit to
resistance movements in other countries.  There again,
it would also have to include several leading figures
who didn't actually show up in "Enigma".

We got to go to a preview screening of Enigma here in
San Jose, because where my wife works (at the Computer
History Museum) they have an actual Enigma machine.