On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:52:13 -0000, John Forbes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> All animals will eat anything if they are sufficiently hungry, even their
> own young, sometimes.  It was the the practice of feeding sheep to cattle
> that caused BSE.

Yes, but IIRC, they didn't just feed mutton to cattle.  The little
dead lambies were ground up and added to the cow's regular feed,
weren't they?

It's not as if herbivore cattle suddenly turned into carnivores or
omnivores.  We tricked 'em into it.  And, we all know what happens
when we try to fool Mother Nature...

cheers,
frank