I understand what you're saying, but with wide-angle I seldom find myself going to extremes, and I usually expose for good DOF.

John

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:03:28 +0200, Frantisek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Monday, March 28, 2005, 1:25:05 PM, John wrote:
JF> Whatever lens I'm using, I personally find it easier to focus on the point
JF> I want to be in focus, keep the shutter button partly depressed, frame the
JF> shot, then fire. Never got to grips with multiple focus points, which
JF> just seem a gimmick. I suppose if the lens is on a tripod it might make
JF> sense to use them.

With a near wide open wideangle lens, if you focus using the center AF
point and reframe to have the subject at the far side AF point, you
will most probably get it misfocused. It's simple high school
geometry.

Good light!
           fra

-- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.4 - Release Date: 27/03/2005