----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth Waller"
Subject: Re: BAG advise

> Most of the "sales" personnel in the "camera shops" in my area
know far less
> then I do about the items that I'm interested in puschasing.
They're only
> interested in making the sale and moving on to the next
customer. I would
> feel somewhat obliged to purchase in these stores if the sales
people could
> add some value to doing so. Until then I'll research the heck
out of the
> item I'm looking for and shop the price in New York.
> Ken Waller

There is a certain cause and effect at work here. The local
people don't get the sales, so they can't afford to keep
knowledgable people. Because of this, the local people don't get
the sales. It is an unfortunate situation. What is most
unfortunate is that as long as the local people cannot afford to
hire quality staff, it won't change. What will happen is that
eventually, you won't have a local camera shop to fall back on.
You know that in the long haul, you are only hurting yourself.
William Robb