>If you have confidence in your own judgement then I don't really see
>where other people's respect comes into it.

Well spoken, Bob!
Perhaps that's the real reason I use Pentax - to show (off) my confidence in
my own judgements!!!

Furthermore - it's the photographs that should earn respect.
None of my customers ever asked which camera brand I use.
Perhaps they may ask me later, if I show them a very good photograph: "Very
nice - which camera did you use". More like a courtesy question, not because
they really want to know :-)

And quite frankly, if I, prior to an assignment, asked them, which equipment
they would prefer, I'd probably just get a glassy look...... The question
wouldn't earn any respect at all. On the contrary.

Tomorrow I'll be shooting a historic event (two city councils merging) in a
hotel lobby. With my favourite zoom (Tokina AT-X 2.6-2.8/28-70mm) in the
repair shop, I have a problem! What should I use instead? If I had a Nikon
or a Canon I could easily borrow another great zoom. But since I'm a Pentax
man, I'm in trouble! I know one (1) Pentax guy, who might lend me a FA
2.8/28-70mm. Well, for the group shots (40 people) I'll be using my 6x6
(Pentacon/Carl Zeiss) anyway. For this I wouldn't even trust a tiny 24x36
negative, let alone a 15x24mm CCD.

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt