These may be old news although I have browsed the
archives with no results. Anyway, here I go:

I travelled to Berlin a couple of weeks ago. One of
the places that I visited was the Helmut Newton
Stiftung im Museum für Fotografie. It is very close to
the railway station next to the Zoo.

You can find there 3 different exhibitions:

Private properties: with Newton's personal belongings
(clothes, letters, exhibition posters, a kind of
reproduction of his office... and yes, cameras).

Us and Them: with pictures made by him and his wife.
Including pictures of him dying in the hospital. Lots
of self-portraits and portraits of each other.

Sex and landscapes: a selection of new and old
pictures containing nudes and landscapes.

Among their cameras, there are a couple of Pentax LX,
at least one with the grip. One of them appeared in
one of Helmut's wife self-portraits. There were also
three prime lenses. Unfortunately, and strangely, they
were facing the wall, so I couldn't even see the
aperture values. The tallest one could be 'my'
M135/3,5, (given its size and the fact that I could
hardly see the 32 value in the aperture ring). I guess
all three were pre-A lenses.
I remember also a manual focus Nikon and a couple of
early autofocus Canon. Sorry, not really precise here.

Well, I just wanted to share this experience, I found
it a really interesting place to stop by if you visit
the German capital. A paradise for modern architecture
lovers BTW.

Regards from Barcelona,
Jaume

Yahoo! Messenger