Thanks Jostein. That's good to know.
On Apr 4, 2005, at 6:29 AM, Jostein wrote:

Today I got to look at my own page from two TFT monitors (an LG and a
ViewSonic). On the LG, the CA is hardly visible at all. It's there, but the
colour is very inconspicuous. Looks like you are very much right about the
fringing being a monitor thing. Interestingly, the more contrasty TFTs also
accentuate the differences in sharpness between apertures and lenses. Much more
so than I expected. :-)

IMHO, there are only two samples that qualify as "useless mush"; the FA*
28-70/2.8 at 28mm and the A645/2.8, both at full opening. But the FA20 is not
exactly top notch either.

jostein

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Rod Opined:

CA is visible to me and the the zoom appears pretty poor compared to the
A20,

Uh, the A20 wide open created nothing but useless mush. And it was only
mediocre at the other stops. As far as CA is concerned, I can't see it, Herb
can't see it. It must not be very extreme, or perhaps it's a function of the
monitors.
Paul