I only follow Pentax camera prices, and not too avidly. It's my impression that prices have fallen in the last year, in the UK at any rate. The MX in particular is now much cheaper than it was, and very few cameras command more than £100 (just the LX, MZ-S, and PZ1-P).

However, I would agree that the whole profile of photography has been raised in the last two or three years, and this has probably had some sort of rub-off effect on film.

But as a result of buying a DSLR, and therefore more lenses, I now have a cupboardful of film SLRs, bought as part of job lots which contained lenses I wanted. I'm afraid to sell them in case I create a glut, and destroy the market. :-)

John