Neat little observation, but I wonder where you see your Minis!
Around here, they're driven like the "pur sang" creature it is.
With Vigor!  <g>

keith whaley
Southern California

Mark Roberts wrote:

John Francis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

All the imports into the USA are Coopers - they don't import the Mini One.
The distinction was between Cooper and Cooper S (for supercharger).

Differences:

 Hood Scoop.
 "S" flashes on the side, near the front of the door.
 Spoiler.
 Twin Exhaust
 Wheels (not absolute, but indicative).
 And, of course, a script "S" on the rear.

I thought the "S" was so designated because it's so slow - traveling at
a snail's pace, in fact. That's why people point at them and say "look
at that S-car go!