On 5 Apr 2005 at 8:24, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> The Luminous Landscape has an  article by Pete Myers on the value of
> post-production editing for photographers:
>
> "What I am suggesting is that the real power of photography in our modern
> digital age is in using the computer in making an image... I really don't
> care all that much about what the picture looks like that I took in the
> field — I care about what I can make of the image in postproduction.
> Certainly that does not excuse me from doing my best in taking a picture in
> the
> field, but the point is what happens in the field is not an end all – it's a
> beginning."
>
> Any comments on this?

Surely it's the end result that counts? Digital work-flow has allowed me to
circumvent many equipment weaknesses and produce better final prints regardless
of the capture media. So I think it's fairly accurate taken in context.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998