Mark Roberts mused:

> Here's an interesting editorial from ZoneZero about the controversy. It
> includes all three of Schneider's disqualified photos, both in their
> original and altered versions:
> http://www.zonezero.com/editorial/octubre03/october.html

Interesting.  Thanks, Mark.

I took a quick look at the images.  On my (uncalibrated) notebook LCD
screen, it's really difficult to see much of a difference in the 2nd
and 3rd image pairs - there's certainly less variation there than I
get from monitor adjustments, or switching to a different monitor.

The first one is rather more controversial.  I've done similar things
myself, but not over so large an area.  Does that make a difference?
I don't know.  Personally, if I'd done that large a modification, I
would have made the background transparent (or white, perhaps) to
make it obvious to anyone.