Rick,

  I found that the fixing bath is aggressive enough to delete any
  "permanent" marker. If lab's cooperation is not an option I suppose
  you can always mechanically stamp your rolls by punching some holes.
  Just make sure you it's not on the first 5 cm which the lab usually
  cuts.
  BTW, do you send the rolls by mail or do you deliver it yourself?
  Personal contact makes people more responsible.

  Servus,  Alin