Hi!

Nice shot of the ladybug, Boris - is looks to be quite sharp and the DOF is just right.

I'm not familiar with the Tamron - I assume the 2x adapter lets you go to 2x lifesized?

No, Mark, you're quite wrong. It is very simple. The lens itself is 90/2.5 that can go only 1:2 lifesize. With adaptor it becomes 180/5 (which is way cool on its own right) that gives 1:1 reproduction ratio.

I should say that this Tamron dedicated flatfield 2x teleconverter seems to work better than Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter... But then of course, it could be that the lens and the converter were designed to match.

This shot is rather tight crop. But because of the rest of the frame being rather smooth, I am going to try to print this at least 20x30 (cm of course) and see how digital fares this time.

Boris