At 11:11 AM +1000 4/10/05, Rob Studdert wrote:

Hi Allen,

Welcome, the transition from lurker to active list participant can be strangely
stressful, 'tis good that you made the move.

This is a pretty friendly list. On the Streetphoto list it seems like newbies pretty often have to duke it out with our chosen champion, only getting accepted into the fold when they've proved they can take it!
Personally, I tend to grovel when I see a fight coming on...

I wonder if the compressors they use for airbrushing would be suitable? I believe they are oil-less and probably a pretty clean air source even without extra filtering. Compressed air is great stuff to have around for a lot of reasons.

I'm also currently using an inexpensive anti-static sensor cleaning brush on my
*ist D sensor. It works OK but I have had some stubborn specs on the sensor
that needed to be attached using Isopropyl alcohol on a Q-tip. I used to use
bottled compressed gas, it worked beautifully on the sensor and lenses etc and
is definitely my preferential cleaning tool however the rental on the bottles
became way too costly so I had to retire it.

So now I'm considering purchasing a little compressor and dryer unit for home
as I miss being able to blast the dust of my cameras and lenses after a photo
expedition as I seem to end up with a lot of dust on and in my gear these days.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA Tel +61-2-9554-4110 UTC(GMT) +10 Hours [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications/ Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design

Photographs at
http://www.ahayesphoto.com/americandead/index.htm