When I sent my MX to my repaire shop it came back like new, after 2 months
of use is got some wierdness... covered by the 6 month work warranty...
I use the motor drive on mine, and I am not scared, even with the Large
back... the sound is scary, but that makes it cool =)

Have fun...

Philippe

> Sorry guys, despite the title of this email, I'm not asking about which
camera is better (I already know the answer to that question ;-> .)  I
thought I'd point out something I just noticed.  The appeal of the MX over
the MZ-M cannot be highlighted anymore than in the listing at

>     http://www.mxv.co.uk/pentax_mf.htm
>
> Here you see an Exc++ MZ-M listed at 80ukp right next to two Exc+ MX's at
149ukp.  <sigh> if only I didn't like the MX so much.

> Incidentally, I am currently torn between buying another MX, or servicing
my current one.  My MX has developed an intermittent X-sync fault (doesn't
flash approximately one in five frames.)  Apparently, if I join the Pentax
Club in the UK, I can get discounts on Pentax Repair/Service.  Any
suggestions?

> My MX isn't in great shape, to the point where I wouldn't really dare
attach an MX motordrive to it.  (Just in case it rips the camera to pieces.)
I've used it with the winder and it seems slower than expected (nowhere near
2fps as quoted on Boz's site) and also it makes an uncomfortable grinding
sound.  My two ME Supers with MEIIs behave (and perform) much better.