Hi
        Since long time I have been thinking of using Slide film but kept on
postponing.
Now I have decided to take that final step of using it. I have few
questions, please answer them

a)  What film to use?

I do not know about the brand names of slide films. Mostly(75%) of the
photos I take are of land-scape; and I take photos inside the forest too, so
I need 400ASA (Some times I am bit lazy to use tripod). I am an amature so
film should not be too costly & need not have to be tailor made for
particular type of photography.

b) Do all print-developer develop/process the slides?

Yestarday I was scanning negative film and I do not have the prints of the
film.
Need less to say the output of the scanner was not good:-( ; In such a
situation it is difficult locate the source of the problem.
Bad scan output could be either due to bad exposure setting used at the time
of shooting photo or due to some color-shift introduced
by the scanner( I am assuming film processing is accurate ). In these
situation a slide film would tell me why the scan output is wrong;
Is it bad-metering or scanner color shift.

This is the main reason why I am moving to slide and in addition I THINK
slide shooter are bit-advanced photographers:-).
Does this look like good reason to move to slide?

Anyhow I am going use slide.

Bye
Ramesh