Anthony Farr wrote:

> But when the *istD appeared without mechanical linkage there
> was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth, because this was
> not a budget camera to be dismissed as a newbies' camera.
> Pentax had sent a message that it would not maintain full
> backwards and forwards compatibility forever.

Just an observation but many folk, myself included, were delighted that any
compatibility with previous lenses existed.

The fact that much has been discussed about lens prices of K mount going
upwards at a time when film use is going down suggests that many are not
ending up for use exclusively on film bodies. Whatever Pentax chose to do
would not please everyone and the end result is - for me anyway - quite
acceptable.

Malcolm