This procedure does not work on my Optio 33L.  It only
gets me a black screen with "Version 1.0" in the top
right corner, and releasing or pressing any button
from there starts the camera in its usual mode.

Of course, maybe that's a good thing...

Rick

[snip]
>>The procedure (see details listed below) uses an
undocumented
(or hidden :-) menu on the Optio that is for service
purposes.

>>You activate it by power-up and holding down the
'menu'
and 'delete' buttons while doing that.

>>That will get you to the special menu with at least
10 items.
A few items are DESTRUCTIVE in the sense that they
will
reset lots of things, requiring a reload of the
firmware!<<