> My favorite 50 is the K50/1.4 - most especially for B&W use.  Still
> looking for a better sample than the one I now have.  BTW, Fred, how does
> the K compare to the A, IYNSHO?

Hi, Shel.

I'm sorry. but I don't remember the K that well anymore - I haven't had a K
version of the 50/1.4 in quite a while.  About the only thing I could say
for sure is that the K had a nicer focus feel to it (although the A is not
bad, and I've gotten used to it - <g>).  I think there might have been a
small color difference (although I honestly couldn't say for sure what the
difference is now - sorry).

I've pretty much "standardized" on the A lenses (and A* lenses), keeping
and/or obtaining earlier or later lenses when there's a reasonably
compelling reason of some sort to have one of the other lenses (e.g., K
200/2.5, F* 300/4.5, FA* 80-200/2.8, etc.).  The differences between the K
and A 50/1.4's were pretty small (in my opinion), or I'd probably still
have a K 50/1.4 - <g>.

Oh, and what's "IYNSHO"?  ;-)

Fred