On 14 Apr 2005 at 9:19, Kevin Waterson wrote:

> A few months back I caught a radio news show quoting $26 million had been
> sent to Nigeria in the previous year. I cant say it was all SPAM related, but
> my
> guess a lot of it would be. Thats just from Australia.

I don't think people realize just how wide spread it is, it's certainly not
just spam based. I baited one on eBay yesterday, they were a new seller
registered that day had a pair of speakers up for sale at a well below bargain
price and the "location" was suspect, they didn't know their geography at all.

So I made a query via the eBay system asking where they were located. Of course
the auction vanished from my watch list, eBay had made it "disappear" some time
during the day but later I received a reply from my scammer thus:

"Hello,

The SPEAKERS are located in Sydney.The buy it now price is 2000 AUD
including all shipping taxes.If you are agree i want to close this deal safe
because i`m now on eBay.We will use square trade.With this service we are
both safe.You will receive the item before i will receive the info about the
payment.If you are agree we have a deal.Please email me with your ebay id so
i can contact square trade and let them know that we have a deal.I will wait
your reply asap to close the deal."

So if you were as thick as this scammer you could possibly fall for it.?

I was going to have some fun at their expense but decided to leave it alone.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998