> Here's another shot of the same daffodil I posted previously. This one was
> shot without the flash. The light is much more subtle. The camera angle is
> slightly changed and the exposure is different, but everything else is the
> same: *istD and Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro. I processed it at work on an
> uncalibrated monitor, but I think it's pretty close to what I would have done
> at home.

I haven't seen the other one yet (still catching up on several days
away), but without that reference, as a stand-alone shot, I like this
one a lot.  For some reason, the compositional element that I like the
most is those vertical leaves (is that what they are?  they're green
anyway <g>) at the bottom, the ones in the foreground in focus,
gradually fading to OOF as they go back.

Lovely!

It's spring, and I need photos like this one.

cheers,
frank