Very nice. It has a surreal quality that is quite fascinating.
On Apr 16, 2005, at 7:54 AM, Brian Walters wrote:

I suppose this should be a PESMOS (Photo Every Six Months or So) but
I'll try to contribute more frequently in future......

This photo was taken several years ago at Mungo National Park in south
western New South Wales, an area of spectacular landforms and
historical importance.  I was only there for two days, one of which
was a howling dust storm so I only managed a few photos.  This is
about the best of them.

I had it scanned to Kodak Photo CD format but the result was truly
awful - dark and murky with all of the colour leached out.  I tried
to improve it in an image processing program with little success so I
forgot about it until I rediscovered it recently while looking for
another image on the CD.   As my skills with Photoshop Elements are
gradually improving, I decided to have another go at restoring some
of the impact of the original slide.

This is the result.  It's still not quite true to the original but
it's getting there.

Comments, of course, are welcome.  Click on the "i" icon for technical
and other info.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~sgap/photos/paw/mungo-paw.html

Cheers

Brian