You guys know how I bought a new Tamron bag for a trip. Last weekend, we
were showing my inlaws around NYC, so I played tourist and carried the kit I
plan to take to London. Turns out this bag is too narrow to comfortably
carry all the lenses I want to carry. They all fit, but squeezing them in
and out is a chore, and the bag itself is a bit uncomfortable to carry.

The next day, I went back to my Lowepro Offroad. Everything fits in the bag,
or on it, easily, but the thing is too awkward
to carry for miles in a city.

So the day after that, I went to B&H and picked up the Lowepro Off Trail 1,
a belt bag. This bag has room for 1 body, 3 lenses and nothing else. I tried
this bag for the first time today; we walked the length of Central Park and
then some. Turns out the third time was a charm! I have easy access to the
most important gear, and the weight of the batteries and image tank is in a
backpack. I hadn't thought of splitting up the weight of the gear, but it
did seem to make a difference.

I had thought the Off Trail 1 looked small, but it fit the istD and the
Tamron 28-75 with a neoprene neck strap (although it's tricky getting the
neck strap in).

Anyway, I'm now up to 7 camera bags. Only 5 steps left to go!

Amita