On 17/4/05, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:

>At least with that setup, your quality issues are reduced to how well
>you understand how to edit an image in Photoshop.

I'm 'simplest/best' approach, me. Never did like the darkroom either. If
I could afford two employees, one would be an assistant to hoik gear, the
other would be a PS/printing guru.  When I sit in front of the monitor
and process shots, I'm thinking of the next shoot. No gain without pain I
suppose.

>Dedicate a printer to B&W and use the MIS UT2 inkset with QuadToneRIP
>software if you have one of the supported printers:
>   http://harrington.com/QuadToneRIP.html
>   https://www.inksupply.com/

Thanks. Yeah - it's on the 'to-do- list. Actually I have a spare S9000 in
the garage in a box - needs a new head, so I may get around to setting it
up for mono one day.

Got to get a house sorted first ;-)

Cheers,
  Cotty