John Forbes wrote:

Keith

Presumably yours had the 2 litre twin-cam?

Those lovely 4 cylinder twin cams were wonderful engines. I still have an old 75/Milano with the 3 litre V6 (parked doing nothing), and it's marvelous, but I had three cars with the twin cam 4s, and they were truly memorable.

John

No, it was powered by the Alfa "sewing machine" twin cam 4, of 1600 cc displacement.
I think it was actually 1598cc, to meet various restrictions here and there.
That engine was a pure joy to listen to! At speed, it just sang to you!
I just reveled going thru the gears, shifting at about 5k rpm.
Smoothest car I've ever owned. Engine, gearbox and handling were superb!

keith