Because of the ED element, yes, I think I've read that from a few people, the F 70-210 had an edge over the A (but not by much).

Joe

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Fred wrote:

 the five VS1 70-210's.)  (Another possible example - some claim that the F
 70-210/4-5.6 is better than the A 70-210/4, although I have not found that
 to be the case with the F that I have tried.)

Not been around too long (couple of years?) but I haven't quite read this. Except if the claim is for overall comparison, including for example, weight, zoom creep or AF. Has there been a claim that the F is better optically?

Kostas