On Apr 17, 2005, at 3:04 PM, Gianfranco Irlanda wrote:

Wooohooo!!
A Lancia fan!

:-)
Yessir. I lusted after a Lancia Fulvia Zagato Coupé for years, it was parked in front of a house on the way to the train station every time I passed. The day it disappeared I was heartbroken ... only to rediscover it sitting on grass in someone's back yard a decade later. Sitting on grass ... It was rusted to its demise or I'd have bought it as a restoration project. I couldn't afford a bare chassis rebuild. :-(

It's a pity that among the vintage cars the ordinary, saloon
bodies are the more neglected ones. There are several models
that I'm not able to see anymore, and I'm talking about cars
sold in hundreds of thousands of units.

Yes, many people overlook wonderful cars like the little Alfa Romeo Guilia ... a 1300cc four in a superb handling sedan. The Super version was very fast indeed with the right driver on board.

There are still few Fulvia Coupé running around here, though...
Hope for the future:
http://www.carsfromitaly.com/lancia/concepts/fulvietta.html

Beautiful!

Built on the Barchetta chassis, I see. FIAT has not seen fit to re-enter the US market at all, we've never gotten Barchettas here, so I doubt we'll ever see this one if it makes it to production. Sad sad sad.

Perhaps I'll just move to the UK or Europe.

Godfrey