On 4/16/05, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~my-pics/firedrum.html
>
> Caught these entertainers on Market Street in San Francisco.  They were
> putting on quite a show.   Comments welcome.  If you'd care to comment,
> please let me know if this size allows you to see the entire photo and the
> caption without scrolling.  Pic is about 200K.
>
> Tech details: Leica M2, 35mm Summicron f/2.0, Tri-X in Ilford ID-11

It still comes up Error, Page Not Found for me, but Shel kindly sent
it to me as an attachment off-list.

I like it a lot, except that it looks to me like the fellow on the
right is a spectator, rather than a performer.  That in no way
diminishes my enjoyment at looking at this photo, but it gives me a
different dynamic than I suspect that you feel, Shel.

In a way, I prefer thinking of the fellow on the right as a spectator,
as his energetic dance gives much more life to the photo than if I
thought of him as one of the performers.

There are lots of distractions, like the electrical boxes and cars,
pedestrians, the building in the background, but they're all part of
the scene, I suppose.  It's the environment that he's in.  Still, it's
too bad that they couldn't be somehow "toned down" or somehow
eliminated.

Overall, if I were one of those guys doing movie reviews, I'd give
this a qualified thumbs up.  A very good photo, but really, not one of
your best, Shel.  Great vitality and a wonderful feeling of engagement
by the viewer, but the business detracts somewhat, IMHO.

cheers,
frank