On 4/19/05, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I met a friend for lunch today, and we walked around a hidden area in
> Larkspur, west of San Quentin prison, called Greenbrae Pier, a small, funky
> community of old homes built on stilts and piles.   This caught my
> attention and I grabbed a QuikSnap with the little Sony DSC-S85.  It's
> pretty much straight from the camera generated TIF with a very slight color
> adjustment to eliminate a bluish cast.  Comment welcome, of course.
>
> Other pics of the community were made on, gasp! film, using an MX and a
> K24/2.8 lens.  Those pics won't be ready for a while.
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~my-pics/bf.html

I gotta hand it to ya, Shel, when you do use colour, they're shots
that could ~only~ work in colour!

I love this.  Simple, stark, beautifully proportioned, amazing use of
that bright colour to juxtapose the weathered grey wood.

What a great eye to notice that composition as you walked by!

cheers,
frank