Hi John  ... I think people are mostly absent from my color work because,
when using color I'm looking for images that are more graphic in nature -
shapes, textures, contrasts - and not so much looking to tell a story.  For
me, color gets in the way and obscures what I'm trying to do with B&W, or
it's a big distraction.  For the most part I try to keep the colors simple
because color confuses me, and because I'm more often than not unsure about
how to properly expose (since I "see" in B&W and am so used to working with
shadows and light rather than the more open feeling that color seems to
require).  I can't place tonal values when shooting color as with B&W.

Shel