On Apr 19, 2005, at 4:52 PM, Andre Langevin wrote:

The A35-70 f/3.5-4.5 is the same optical formula as the F35-70/3.5-4.5. I found one of the latter in "as new" condition for $45. It's a very good lens, a bargain at that price. Focuses well manually, contrasty/sharp/good rendering, and is very compact and light.

Same optical formula indeed but the difference in performance for these two lenses are so different that I think Pentax modified the optics for the F lens.

Well, is that good or bad? My A35-70/3.5-4.5 is too damaged to use for evaluation, and my F35-70/3.5-4.5 is an excellent performer.

Godfrey

Most feedbacks I have seen for the A lens were not very positive. Mechanically not very good also. Enjoy the F lens and forget the A!

Andre