[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If you have a copy of today's New York Times take a look at the first
page of the business section. There you'll find an article about
prosumer dslr cameras that mentions only Nikon and Canon offerings. I
sent the following e-mail to the author, David Pogue. Others might
wish to write as well. He can be reacheda at [EMAIL PROTECTED] Paul

A multi-talented gent, David Pogue is also the author of "Mac OSX, Panther Edition, The Missing Manual," as well as being the creator of the Missing Manual series. Its an excellent tome, indeed... Considering how many books he's written, I suspect he might reconsider his omission as just that, a sin of omission, not an intentional slight.

keith whaley

Good letter, BTW...

---------------------- Forwarded Message: --------------------- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject:
Pro Cameras for the Amateur Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005

Hi David, I think someone failed you in researching material for your
column, "Professional Cameras, Made for the Amateur," which appeared
in the business section of today's New York Times. While Canon and
Nikon are the major players in the photography market, a small
family-owned company called Pentax has been giving them fits for
years with extremely high quality products at competitive prices.

[...]