On 21 Apr 2005 at 10:57, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Having the impression that this isn't possible any earlier, I change my
> filenames immediately after copying to the computer. I use Photoshop Elements
> File Browser to do this now; ACDSee's process for doing it was even easier. I
> felt the need to do it because of owning two Pentax digital cameras and not
> wanting conflicts ... So, when I copy the images to the computer I put them in
> either the ISTD folder or the OPTIO folder, then rename them, then copy them
> their backup location with their new names.

ThumbsPlus (Windows) also has has a global batch renaming facility which I have
had to use when the camera has forgotten what frame it was up to after battery
failure. Because of this I'm not too bothered about the naming but I wish
they'd at least let us pre-set the counter value.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998