On 4/21/05, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <LOL>  My "brighter, less contrasty" version is John's original, just
> trimmed and cropped.  I made no other adjustments to the photo.

It's amazing, but now that I look at the two again, yours is "lighter"
looking (note:  I'm not saying "brighter").  Somehow, not seeing the
end of the pier makes the photo look very oppressive to me.  Seeing it
opens it up a great deal to my eyes.

So, I can see why Jon Paul would have the impression that you brightened it...

cheers,
frank