On 22 Apr 2005 at 0:34, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Rob wrote:
> >

> > Billy is right, the sensor is the equalizer in most cases when looking at
> > sharpness, <snip>
>
> The wide variance in lens sharpness that we see in tests made with digital
> cameras would seem to dispute that.

Any good lens is more capable than the sensor in the *ist D/s bodies. I have a
half a dozen lenses that you can really only differentiate by AOV, on film
however some of these same lenses are obviously sharper than others. And as
soon as virtually any set of lenses are compared stopped down to f5.6 then
usually only global contrast will differentiate them.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998