I'm a case in point. Long-time Pentax user, but rather lost interest until the D came out. I've bought over twenty lenses in the last year and a half, and a second D body. Mad? Yup. But most didn't cost much, and it's a lot of fun trying to get bargains on Ebay. Just occasionally I take a picture, too.

But I'm not sure there is a bubble; just a healthy second-hand market. Most of my lenses were bought for around half the new
price, somtimes two thirds in the case of scarce lenses (I'm talking about modern Pentax AF lenses. The M lenses cost much less). I think that's reasonable. If prices for current lenses in very good condition fall below half the new price, then there's something wrong.

John