----- Original Message ----- From: "Cory Papenfuss"
Subject: FAJ 18-55 vs. Zenitar 16 Fisheye

Anyway, the 16mm Zenitar fisheye can be had for $100-$150 and equates to about 20mm coverage on a 35mm, or 13-14mm rectilinear on a 1.5 cropped body. From what I've read, it's pretty good, sharp, and contrasty provded flare is avoided. How does that compare to the kit lens? The fisheye distortion is minimized quite well by the crop, but it's not that big of a deal to remove it in post-processing anyway.

I quite liked the Zenitar. I'd have mine still, but that I found a genuine Pentax one instead.
Anyway, I found the Zenitar to be a very "sharp" lens, almost too contrasty, the colour rendition was a bit garish, and very good flare control as well.
I was particularly surprised by the latter.

William Robb