On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 12:59:55AM -0600, William Robb wrote:

> [...]

Exactly - OUCH!

Nice hint, but with the chemicals I use, the fixer is actually stronger smelling than
the stop bath.  I think they've gone all environmentally friendly and use citric acid
instead of acetic these days.

My routine involves using different measuring cylinders for dev stop and fix.  (We
don't have a nice, matching set of cylinders.)  So after a while, it becomes routine -
wouldn't think of putting fixer into the cylinder with the orange base, or developer
in the tall transparent one with the crack down the side.  I suppose it's one of the
few advantages of using a low-budget darkroom.

--
Francis Tang, Postgraduate Research Student, LFCS, Edinburgh.
Visiting: AG14, Mathematik, TU Darmstadt, Deutschland.