Thanks Godfrey!
  Your graphic puts the difference in good perspective - except at the
wide end, the difference is fairly insignificant.  I think I'll probably
pick up the 28-105 when B&H open again,  along with a hand-strap and
polarizer.  (All in all, I think the lesson is that I should spend less
time worrying about gear and more time taking pictures.. but it's so
fun, and what then  would I do while at work?)

Odd about the 24/2 - http://stans-photography.info/Intro6.html has it
listed as the top of the "favorite<sic> lenses of the PDML crowd".
Maybe it's time we had a new poll - I'd love to see a tally of votes
from the LBA on their favourite lenses for Pentax digital in various
categories. (all-round, wide, standard, tele, wide-tele zoom,
tele-zoom..)

Thanks again for your help.

jp