Quite right. If one doesn't have anything useful to add, there's little point in adding it.

But simple praise is useful on two levels. First, it shows that the picture "worked", in that it elicited a positive response, and second, we all like a bit of praise occasionally. So, "it works for me" is worth adding, IMHO, whereas "it didn't work for me" is not helpful (without saying why), and is no more eloquent than silence.

John