Digital will rise and fall around its new equilibrium sales point.  Film
will do the same.  The difference is that film had a much larger
infrastructure at a previous point, so it's a question of how much to
shut down.  Digital is rising so it's a question of how much to build.
Both will oscillate around new equilibrium points as the market changes.
 And, of course, those equilibrium points will move with time as well.
I would be surprised, however, if film ever dominated again.  Film will
not die but neither is it a growth sector.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/26/05 3:40 AM >>>

For your perusal

If that report mentioned the word film, then half the PDML would be
happy
to tell me (at great length) how film was dead. Or is it just me being

cynical? :-)

Chris