I don't know where you guys live. I find few mom&pop camera stores anyplace I
have lived. And the few I found I tended to spend time training the staff instead
of getting help from them. I have said before, I am willing to pay a bit of a
premium to be able to walk out of the store with the merchadice in my hands, but
once tha gets to be substancial money forget it.

I should support a local store that does not support my needs in any way? If they carry the stuff I want, I buy it there. Mostly that is not the case. I shop via internet and via mail because that is what I have to do to get the stuff I want. Snapshots go to the minilab at wal-mart because that is the most convinent place to get them done. But about everything else I need, I have no choice but to buy via mail order, or drive 4 hours round trip to pay a 50% premium for. Besides that nifty local camera store (now a4 hour trip) sold an outfit that they had on 24 hour hold for me, via mail order to some guy in Canada. Was I upset when I walked into the store the next day with $1300 in my pocket to pay for it? Hell, I am still upset 5 years later. Quite frankly as far as I am concerned, they can go bankrupt and good riddens.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"