On 4/24/05, Jens Bladt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeaterday, I came across this, driving along the coast:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/bladt/10710619/

Clicked on the link, went to make a cup of coffee, and when I came
back, Flickr had just about finished loading.  Sheesh that thing takes
a long time on my computer!

Glad I looked, though.  There's something disturbing (yet compelling)
about this photo.  Here's this family obviously enjoying their romp at
the water's edge, in the midst of what appears to be an industrial
zone.  The trussed structure in the foreground (is it a pier of some
sort?) along with the gigantic construction site in the background
(looks like their building a nuclear reactor) make the little beach
look pretty bleak.

Yet there they are, enjoying what they can.  Rather poignant.

cheers,
frank