Hi!

Hum...?

No one ever pays attention.

I always do.

Plasticity: A subtle quality of roundness, depth, and smoothness of a photographic image highly prised by artistic photographers. It is produced by subtle choice of uncorrected aberations by the lens designer. Pentax traditionally disigns lenses with this quality. The Limited lenses display this charactoristic particularly well.

Very well. So I used to right term after all, didn't I? :)

It is the reason why so many photographers over the years when asked why they prefer Pentax have answered, "Its the glass", without even knowing why that is so.

I do like my glass. I just need to know how to take full advantage of it.

As I have often said, Pentax generally designs its lenses for pictorial quality instead of high resolution and contrast figures that give such nice scores in magazine tests.

Indeed. So how one keeps these qualities in their final processed file to be printed?

That Pentax most always seems to be able to produce this quality in a lens with high resolution and contrast is one of the reasons I have alway preferred Pentax over most other 35mm systems. It tends to be more common in large format lenses where the absolute highest resolution and contrast is not quite as important as in 35mm.

That would be my impression from only some of the images I produced and from quite many images that I saw on PUG or PAW/PESO...

Boris