From: "Peter Popp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "pentax-discuss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 12:56 PM
Subject: mounting an AF500FTZ off-camera

> I'm exploring some off-camera options for macro work, and I'm trying to
decide specifically how to mount the AF500FTZ once I decide where I want to
put it.  It doesn't need a Pentax accessory shoe mount, because the F5P cord
attaches directly to the flash.  But all the accessory shoe mounts I've seen
(including the Stroboframe mini ball head with shoe mount that I'd like to
use) look like they will touch the contacts on the bottom of the flash shoe.

> Will I damage the flash if I use an accessory shoe mount that makes
contact with all of the contacts onthe bottom of the flash shoe?  And doesn
anyone know of an accessory shoe mount that doesn't touch the contacts on
the bottom of the flash shoe.  Thanks.