On 27 Apr 2005 at 21:12, luben wrote:

> Now on my hesitations. I would like to purchase a x2 teleconverter for
> KA/KA2 mount. I have found on ebay:
>
> 1/ Vivitar KA x2 tele-converter (4 lenses, Vivitar has also another
>
>   series with 7 elements)
> 2/ Takumar-A 2x tele-converter (I suppose it is KA mount)
>
> I am asking you for recomendation, advice and your impressions from
> these teleconverters. I will use it mainly with my A50/1.4 lens.

Hi Luben,

I've owned a lot of Pentax and compatible TC over the years and if I were to
buy just one from the lot that I've owned it would be the Pentax 1.7AF TC, next
choice would be the Pentax 1.4X-S TC. In my opionion most early Pentax and non-
Pentax teleconvertors really aren't worth wasting time with, they often lower
contrast significantly and introduce aberrations such as CA towards the edges
of the frame.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998