Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR specifically for
astronomical imaging and would appreciate some info on the camera.

Specifically, what chip is used as the ccd sensor - I have been told that it
is the same ccd as in the Nikon D70? Is this so?

Also, is the IR filter removable (this is to increase red sensitivity for
Hydrogen Alpha images) - on a Nikon D70 it is removable relatively easily,
and on Canon cameras is a royal pain to remove.

Is the "raw " mode truly raw?

What are the noise levels like on long exposures- several minutes plus....

Thanks in anticipation,

Cheers
Gary