Last night I backed up 33.5 GB of photo files from my D drive to a 40 GB
Flashtrax. This is part of my "upgrade" to XP -- which Tom C., Rob S.,
Wheatfield, and Shel are kindly helping me with.

So how long does it take to transfer that much over USB 1.1? Well, from time to
time Windows 98SE would tell me that it needed another 7 million minutes. I
think that's roughly 13 years. The actual time was about 12 hours.

I have a SCSI-2 connection for my Nikon LS 2000 scanner. If I had known the USB
transfer would be that slow, I would have just bought an external SCSI drive.

Joe